Jane is settling in nicely at school, but sadly, after a few months typhus decides to pay a visit to the school! Alot of the girls get sick, and the healthy girls aren't allowed to go near the part of the school where the sick ones are. Jane is healthy, and thankfully she makes a new friend while Helen is upstairs sick. But later Jane finds out that Helen doesn't have typhus but consumption. Jane is so worried about her friend, that she sneaks up to Helen's sick room. Helen is so happy to see her! But Helen warns Jane that she isn't going to live. Jane won't believe her, but she stays with Helen that night, and they talk together like old times. But sadly when Jane wakes up, she is being taken away from Helen. Helen had died during the night.
Isn't that so sad??? I cried. Can't help it. It was terribly depressing.
Also to answer Eric's question, Yes people who aren't reading the book can come to the movie night! :P I will find a date and a good version of Jane Eyre ASAP. So prepare yourselves for an uber fun night of Jane Eyre! :P
Maddy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I cried during that part, too, and I rarely cry over books. It's VERY sad :(
ReplyDeleteI'm really looking forward to this movie night, Maddy dear :)
That part of the story just kills me! Good writing pulls you into the story. In some instances I even find myself praying for the characters!
ReplyDeleteI didn't cry at all. lol. Probably because I've read the book so many times it's just not as to me anymore. Although, I don't read this book right before bed, as I don't like going to bed feeling depressed. :P
ReplyDelete