Reading Schedule

  • March 8-14 read chapters 34-38
  • March 1-7 read chapters 28-33
  • February 22-28 read chapters 22-27
  • February 15-21 read chapters 17-21
  • February 8-14 read chapters 10-16
  • February 1-7 read chapters 1-9

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Jane At School

Well everyone! Now that you have given me some ideas for my blog I'm going to catch you up on the book. :P

Mrs. Reed decides to send Jane to boarding school. It is called Lowood school, a charitable institution for girls who don't have enough money to go to school. The minister of the school is named Mr. Brocklehurst. He's a very mean man, and is one of those people that is proud of their humbleness. So when Jane gets to the school, it is nothing like what she thought it was going to be! They didn't get much food, the teachers were harsh, and it was poorly kept.

One day, when it is kinda drizzly out side, the teachers send all the girls outside into the garden for fresh air. And Jane sees one girl who sits alone and reads. Jane is determined that she will read the girls books too, and goes up to her. The girls name is Helen Burns, and she and Jane become each others only friends in the school.
Although Helen is a few years older than Jane, they help each other through the horrible days at school.

Ok, so I was going to post a picture of Jane and Helen together, but my computer does not want me to so I guess I won't! I also think I may try to have a movie night or something and all you readers can come to my house and watch Jane Eyre with me! It might not be able to happen, so it is just an idea, but I'm going to try to work it out! Does that sound fun to you guys?
Maddy

4 comments: