Reading Schedule

  • March 8-14 read chapters 34-38
  • March 1-7 read chapters 28-33
  • February 22-28 read chapters 22-27
  • February 15-21 read chapters 17-21
  • February 8-14 read chapters 10-16
  • February 1-7 read chapters 1-9

Monday, February 22, 2010

Burning Bedroom

Yes, here I am apologizing once again. I have been a bad blog writer recently. I'm so sorry! :P

Anyway, so Jane Eyre is settled nicely at Thornfield, and she and Mr. Rochester and getting along fairly well. But one night, Jane wakes up in the middle of the night and hears this odd laughter outside her bedroom door. She is so scared she doesn't want to get up out of bed, but finally she makes herself get up to go investigate. When she opens her door, she finds a candle sitting on the ground in front of her room. Also she starts to smell smoke! And when she looks she finds that Mr. Rochester's bed has been set on fire! She runs into his room and tries to wake him up! But he won't wake up because the smoke has made him so tired. So she gets her water basin and his water basin and dumps them on him! Of course (Because he's male) He gets annoyed with Jane and tells her to stop trying to drown him in his bed! But thankfully she defends herself and informs him that he was burning in his bed, and she saved his life. Isn't it so like a male to think she was trying to drown him instead of save him??? Oh well. Sorry all you male followers. That just strikes me as so true!

Anyway I promise I will do better on keeping up with my blog!

maddy

3 comments:

  1. Haha I agree, that is definitely like a male to think that. lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! Maddy, that is hilarious. I remember reading that and thinking Mr. Rochester was a meanie head.

    ReplyDelete