Reading Schedule

  • March 8-14 read chapters 34-38
  • March 1-7 read chapters 28-33
  • February 22-28 read chapters 22-27
  • February 15-21 read chapters 17-21
  • February 8-14 read chapters 10-16
  • February 1-7 read chapters 1-9

Monday, January 25, 2010

The Ending of The Hobbit

Well peeps, I have officially finished the book! HOORAY! I have to say, it was kind of never ending for me and I was ready for it to be over! :P

Ok so the ending, was they managed to kill the dragon that was guarding all the gold, and they go through this whole ordeal of how to share the gold! The dwarves are being greedy and won't share with the elves who helped kill the dragon. So alas, there is another battle between the races, which no one officially wins.... Also, during this battle 3 of our 13 dwarf friends died.
So in short, the dwarves decide to share the gold, and Bilbo gets to go home! He brings a good amount of the treasure home with him, and shares it very kindly. (Because he is nicer than dwarves!)
heehee. So that is my sad rendition of what happened at the end of The Hobbit!

I can't wait to start the next book! So everyone make sure you vote!~
Maddy

2 comments:

  1. How funny! I'm currently reading THE HOBBIT, also. I had no idea you were, cause this is the first time I've stopped by your blog. I've THE HOBBIT once before. I enjoy it, though. I think this one is more adventurous in a more light-hearted way compared to the LOTR series. Have you read them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, btw, Haley has three blogs! One is dedicated to the LOTR, here's the link:

    http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/thereandbackagain

    ReplyDelete